Friday, April 29, 2011

My Mom Crushed My Dreams AGAIN


Good morning world of blogs, I've had a terrible morning so far. As you can tell from my last post, I have been so excited for the royal wedding for at least the past week. After all of that anticipation and excitement, my hopes were crushed. Last night I tried to stay up the entire night to watch the wedding but the last thing I remember is looking at the clock and seeing it was 10:45. But wait! I thought ahead and made some arrangements just in case. Thinking that I might not make it to the wedding, I decided to set my VCR to record it. Well, at around 7:00 this morning I woke up feeling like a kid on Christmas morning. I gleefully ran to the tv, hit rewind, then play. It was a tape I made of the Incredible Hulk in the early 80's. Knowing that I set it to record, I was absolutely livid so I naturally asked my mom if she knew what happened. She said she rolled into the den at around 11:30 to find me asleep and the TV and VCR on so she turned them off! I had already told her at supper that I was recording the wedding!!! What was she thinking? She tries to booby trap everything I do in life.

Anyway, this brings me to another point. What caused this problem (other than dementia) was TIME DIFFERENCE. Why do we even have a time difference? I know it has to do with how the sun revolves around the earth or whatever but what does it really matter? Its always a pain when planning road trips and I'm sure it sucks planning trips overseas to deal with time difference. If they would have had the wedding at 11:00 eastern then I would have been up and ready to watch. Why don't we just have one main time for the entire planet? Just think of all the problems that would solve. I say the next time its 12:00 noon eastern time we just change over the clocks of the world to that time also. I know what you're thinking and no I'm not an idiot. I realize that this would make noon on the other side of the world midnight but they would get used to it over time like everybody would. Everybody that reads this, please call your local city hall, senator, constable or whatever and ask to put this new system in place.

Princess Kate Winslet, if you every read this, know that I just saw pictures of you in your wedding gown and you were absolutely stunning. I deeply regret that I wasn't able to see you walk down the aisle live or even pre-recorded. Whenever I decide to settle down and get married, I will be looking for a wife thats as beautiful as you or maybe even more beautiful. Long Live the Queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment